Community » Community: Got Questions?

Community: Got Questions?

How do I remove my phone number from the District's automated call centers?

The District has a special phone number to use to report errant numbers listed with our call centers: please call 213 241-0875 to report the problem. You may be directed to leave your information with a message service; if so, please do so, and the number should be removed within 48 hours.

Since automated calls may come directly from a school as well as from our central call centers, It is always a good idea to contact the school directly if you know which school has your number in their system. To find a list of schools in your neighborhood along with their contact information, use our school finder where you can search by zip code.

Where do I report Waste, Fraud, and Abuse?

Concerns of waste, fraud, and abuse should be reported to Office of the Inspector General.

How do I obtain a Civic Permit?

The major function of the Civic Center Permit Office is the issuance of the appropriate permit to allow for the use of school facilities in conformance with the California Education Code mandate and the Board of Education rules, which require that each and every public school facility be made available as a civic center to members of the community and non-profit organizations for supervised recreational activities, meetings and public discussions, when regular school activities are not disrupted. For more information click here.

When Does the Board of Education Meet?

The Los Angeles City Board of Education meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m. unless announced otherwise in advance.

How do I Sign Up to Speak at a Board Meeting?

Beginning with the November 2009 meetings, a new process for speaking at Board Meetings has been implemented. Please note:
  • Individuals wishing to speak at a Board meeting must sign up at the meeting.
  • There will be no sign ups in advance of the meeting.
  • Speakers must sign up prior to the item being acted upon by the Board.
Speakers should plan to arrive early as items with no speakers may be acted on at the beginning of the meeting.

How Do I Contact My Board Member?

You may contact board members in writing by addressing a letter to that member, c/o Los Angeles City Board of Education, 333. S. Beaudry Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90017. To contact all board members with the same letter, address it to the Board President, at the address above, and attach a cover note asking that the letter be distributed to all board members.

You may also choose to email board members. Click here to visit the Board of Education web site. If you do not know which board member represents your child's school, contact the school office or the LAUSD Board of Education's main offices at (213) 241-6389.

Federal Breakfast and Lunch Program

Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Program: LAUSD participates in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. Meals are served to students every school day. The household size and income criteria are used to determine a student's eligibility for free, reduced-price or full-price benefits. A copy of the policy is available in the Food Services Office and may be reviewed by any interested party.

Does the LAUSD Rank Its Schools?

No. The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) does not rank its schools. The Accountability Progress Report (APR) from the California Department of Education provides schools and school districts with information about their annual progress on the state Academic Performance Index (API) and their results on the federal Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) report. Click below to review the LAUSD's latest Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) report and the progress of individual schools.