DACA - Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Update
LAUSD now has a centralized process to help provide verification to those individuals who are applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).LAUSD now has a centralized process for students known as “Dreamers.” Beginning August 15, 2012, thousands of current and former students who arrived without documentation to the United States as children may now be eligible for President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
If these individuals meet certain requirements, they would be free from deportation for two years (renewable) and would be eligible for work permits even though they are not U.S. citizens.
Requests for student records may now be made online at DACArequest.lausd.net, which went live on Monday, Sept. 17, 2012. Or, the form may be downloaded from the Deferred Action Information page and mailed to the School Information Branch. This centralized DACA process is free.
The District will help our current students and graduates apply for this opportunity as best we can by providing available enrollment histories and school transcripts:
- For individuals who came to the United States before reaching their 16th birthday
- For individuals who have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007
- For individuals who need to provide proof they are currently in school, have graduated, or obtained a certificate of completion from high school
To view a helpful flyer showing the LAUSD's centralized process, click here. (Información en español).
You can also find this information permanently on our Students webpage under our "Student Tools & Resources" tab under Student Records-Transcripts. If you have any other questions regarding the Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, including the eligibility requirements and important information on process and timing, please refer to the list of links below:
- Guidelines for Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
For information from outside community agencies or to contact outside community agencies that could provide assistance, please refer to the attachments:
- Deferred Action Request Form Final.pdf (40.82 KB)