We are pleased to inform you that the LAUSD’s Open Enrollment Process for K-12 students begins on May 6. This process, which is state-mandated, allows students anywhere in LAUSD to apply to any regular, grade-appropriate Los Angeles public school with designated open enrollment seats. Parents or guardians who want to enroll their child at a school other than their current school of attendance must complete an open enrollment application. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, May 24.
Below are additional facts about the LAUSD’s Open Enrollment Process
- Parents or guardians can apply to one or more schools
- If parents are applying to send several children to the same school, they must complete a separate application for each child.
- Applications will be accepted if there is space declared for new open enrollment transfers at the desired school.
- Applications must be complete and accurate
- Parents or guardians should plan to provide their own transportation for open enrollment transfer students
- If there are more applications than there is space at a particular school, a random selection drawing will be held at the school during the week of May 28-May 31, 2013.
- Only one application per child per school will be allowed in any drawing.
- Schools where applications have been submitted will notify parents of drawing locations and times.
- When an open enrollment transfer student is ready to matriculate to the next school level, a new application must be submitted to the school of their choice.
- More information regarding matriculation is available within the application
- A reference guide listing all regular district schools and the number of seats available for open enrollment purpose will be available May 6, 2013 in the main office at all regular district schools, and online at www.lausd.net
- For schools with space remaining, the deadline to apply will be Friday, August 30.
- As long as seats remain, parents may apply to those schools, even if their children were not selected under the earlier open enrollment process.
- Once the August 30 passes, no new applications will be accepted for the 2013-14 school year.
Please click here to read our News Release regarding Open Enrollment.